A/Prof. Shannon Farmer
Institution: The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Specialty: Academic researcher and consultant in Patient Blood Management
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Discipline of Surgery, CTEC, Medical School, The University of Western Australia Australia
- Hon. Research Fellow in Haematology, Department of Haematology, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia.
- Co-founder with Mr Mel Jeisman of Australia’s first comprehensive blood conservation program in 1990 at Fremantle Kaleeya Hospital, Western Australia
- Coordinator, Blood Conservation Program in Medicine and Surgery, Fremantle Kaleeya Hospital
- Inaugural Executive Secretary of the Australasian Association for Blood Conservation (AABC), a Board Member, and appointed to the AABC Scientific Committee
- Board of Directors of the international Medical Society for Blood Management from 2005
- Founding Member of the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management, SABM Education Committee 2003-2007
- Consultant to the Western Australia Department of Health, 2007-2013
- Consultant to the Beijing Municipal Public Health Bureau and the Chinese Medical Association on the establishment of blood conservation programs in the People’s Republic of China, 2005
- Consultant to Departments of Health in South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland on the development of Patient Blood Management and Patient Blood Management Programs.
- Co-authored the book Your Body, Your Choice - The layman’s complete guide to bloodless medicine and surgery. Singapore: Media Masters; 2000. Also published in Korean in 2005 and Russian in 2012)
- Perth, Australia