Prof. Aryeh ShanderClinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Medicine & Surgery
Institution: Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, New Jersey, USA
Specialty: Anesthesiology and Critical Care
- University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont, USA
- received his medical degree from the University of Vermont College of Medicine in Burlington, Vermont, USA and completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, New York, where he also served as Chief Resident. Additional postgraduate training included a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine and a residency in Anesthesiology, both at Montefiore Medical Center
- board-certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Anesthesiology and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Executive Medical Director of the Institute for Patient Blood Management & Blood Medicine and Surgery at Englewood Hospital, which under his direction, received the NJBIZ Magazine’s 2010 Healthcare Hero Award
- lectures nationally and internationally on a variety of topics related to anesthesiology, critical care medicine, and patient blood management, notably, blood conservation in medical and surgical patients, volume resuscitation, management of anemia, perfusion techniques, novel hemostatic agents, and artificial blood.
- currently serving as a member of Editorial Board of the Transfusion journal and the Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia and the author/editor of multiple book chapters and contributes to textbooks on blood management, such as Perioperative Transfusion Medicine 2nd Edition (2006) by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Perioperative Blood Management: A Physician’s Handbook, 1st Edition (2006) and 2nd Edition (2009) by American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM), Basics of Blood Management 1st Edition (2007) by Blackwell, and Health Care Costs: Causes, Effects and Control (2009) by Nova Science Publishers
- reviewer for the journals Critical Care Medicine, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia and Analgesia, and Transfusion among others
- serves as President for the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM) and is a Fellow of the American College of Critical Care Medicine and the American College of Chest Physicians.
- founding member of the Board of Directors and was a Past President for National Anemia Action Council (NAAC) and a founding member and treasurer of the American Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists (ASCCA) where he serves on committees, both locally and nationally, and in addition, is a member of the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) where he serves as Chair of Committee on Patient Blood Management
- Englewood, USA