Prof. Oliver Habler
Institution: Krankenhaus Nordwest, Frankfurt a. M., Germany
- University of Frankfurt a. M.
- graduated from Université Libre de Bruxelles in 1999
- Head of the Anesthesiology department at the Krankenhaus Nordwest, Frankfurt a. M. since 2006
- member of European Academy of Sciences and Arts since 2014
- involved in the development of patient blood management concepts targeting in the reduction of perioperative allogeneic blood transfusion; acute normovolemic hemodilution (ANH); intraoperative blood salvage and autotransfusion („cell-salvage“); identification of the optimal transfusion threshold; therapeutic increase of anemia tolerance; hyperoxic hemodilution; artificial oxygen carriers (haemoglobin-based artificial oxygen carriers HBOC, perfluorocarbons), reduction of perioperative blood losses by an early goal directed differentiated coagulation management, avoidance of allogeneic plasma transfusion.
- Frankfurt a. M., Germany